On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Stuart Brook wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:16:49 -0600, Wolfe, Julian wrote:
>> *Just curious, could someone here give me a rundown of the
>> *production eras for each -11 machine?
>>
>> *I noticed the PDP10s were sold with DECtape units up through at
>> *least 1980, which I thought a bit odd, wasn't that way outdated
>> *technology by then? *I know they weren't still pushing those with
>> *PDP11 units by then.
>>
>> *I guess what I'm wondering is, when was each machine cancelled?

> Just to confuse things, there was DECtape and DECtape2 I don't know
> it DT2 was ever put on DEC10's but ...

Not that I'm aware of, but since the interface for DTII was a normal
serial line, it's definitely doable.

But the TU55/56 on the KL10s were actually hooked to the FE PDP-11, and
are used to boot something on the FE. In more modern KL10s, you have RX02
instead.
But I can't for the life remember what you have on the RX02 floppies right
now. Maybe diagnostics? Because the FE normally booted from the dualported
RP06, which also the KL10 had access to. Atleast ours do.

Johnny

Johnny Billquist || "I'm on a bus