Re: When was what end-of-life'd? - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: When was what end-of-life'd? - VMS ; On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:16:49 -0600, Wolfe, Julian wrote: >*Just curious, could someone here give me a rundown of the >*production eras for each -11 machine? > >*I noticed the PDP10s were sold with DECtape units up through at ...

  1. Re: When was what end-of-life'd?

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:16:49 -0600, Wolfe, Julian wrote:
    >*Just curious, could someone here give me a rundown of the
    >*production eras for each -11 machine?
    >
    >*I noticed the PDP10s were sold with DECtape units up through at
    >*least 1980, which I thought a bit odd, wasn't that way outdated
    >*technology by then? *I know they weren't still pushing those with
    >*PDP11 units by then.
    >
    >*I guess what I'm wondering is, when was each machine cancelled?

    Just to confuse things, there was DECtape and DECtape2 I don't know
    it DT2 was ever put on DEC10's but ...

  2. Re: When was what end-of-life'd?

    In article <2005111122253.913531@notabob>, Stuart Brook writes:
    > On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:16:49 -0600, Wolfe, Julian wrote:
    >>=A0Just curious, could someone here give me a rundown of the
    >>=A0production eras for each -11 machine?
    >>
    >>=A0I noticed the PDP10s were sold with DECtape units up through at
    >>=A0least 1980, which I thought a bit odd, wasn't that way outdated
    >>=A0technology by then? =A0I know they weren't still pushing those with
    >>=A0PDP11 units by then.
    >>
    >>=A0I guess what I'm wondering is, when was each machine cancelled?

    > Just to confuse things, there was DECtape and DECtape2 I don't know
    > it DT2 was ever put on DEC10's but ...

    I knew DECtapes. And DECtape2, you're no DECtape.

    I always sed I'd strangle the guy who invented DECtape2 if I ever had the
    chance...

    Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD"
    >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD! <<<

    Kaplow Klips & Baffle: http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
    www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org

    We have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible
    resolve. -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, WWII.

+ Reply to Thread