When was what end-of-life'd? - VMS

This is a discussion on When was what end-of-life'd? - VMS ; Just curious, could someone here give me a rundown of the production eras for each -11 machine? I noticed the PDP10s were sold with DECtape units up through at least 1980, which I thought a bit odd, wasn't that way ...

  1. When was what end-of-life'd?

    Just curious, could someone here give me a rundown of the production
    eras for each -11 machine?

    I noticed the PDP10s were sold with DECtape units up through at least
    1980, which I thought a bit odd, wasn't that way outdated technology by
    then? I know they weren't still pushing those with PDP11 units by then.

    I guess what I'm wondering is, when was each machine cancelled?

    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and
    miss." -Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

    Julian Wolfe
    Help Desk and Macintosh Technician
    College of Lake County
    Tel: 847-543-2258
    Fax: 847-543-3258
    email: jwolfe@clcillinois.edu

  2. Re: When was what end-of-life'd?

    Wolfe, Julian wrote:
    > I noticed the PDP10s were sold with DECtape units up through at least
    > 1980, which I thought a bit odd, wasn't that way outdated technology by
    > then? I know they weren't still pushing those with PDP11 units by then.

    Many customers who had been using DECtape would be mighty
    unhappy if they couldn't get DECtape units when they
    upgraded their systems.

+ Reply to Thread