RE: vtserver to real tape copy - VMS

This is a discussion on RE: vtserver to real tape copy - VMS ; > -----Original Message----- > From: Will Kranz [mailto:will_kranz@softhome.net] > Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 7:18 AM > To: Wolfe, Julian > Subject: Re: vtserver to real tape copy > > Hi: > I know little about vtserver, and real tape ...

  1. RE: vtserver to real tape copy

    Overland Data OD3201 upright(pertec), connected to a Dilog DQ130
    board(emulates TU10)

    I think I'm the only one with a magtape unit on my desk

    > Anyway, I continue to push TU58 emulation to people
    > http://www.fpns.net/willy/pdp11/tu58-emu.htm
    >
    > If I understand what you are attempting to do, you should be
    > able to boot the OS of your choice from a suitable TU58 tape,
    > then do the install from the single RL02. I'm a little
    > surprised the install pack isn't bootable, but the above
    > should work if you wanted to attempt it.

    Um, this pack comes out to 5MB of actual data. I don't think a TU58
    would help me here.

    Part of this is the desire to have a non disk pack copy of the
    distribution media.

    > Will
    >
    > At 10:18 AM 1/10/2005 -0600, you wrote:
    >
    > >Hi all,
    > >
    > >Is it possible to take a distribution disk cartridge and put it on
    > >tape, then run the install from tape? I have an RT11 pack I

    > want to do
    > >this with, but only have 1 RL02 so I can't install.
    > >
    > >Thanks much!
    > >Julian

  2. Re: vtserver to real tape copy

    Wolfe, Julian wrote:
    > I think I'm the only one with a magtape unit on my desk

    Nope, although mine use a SCSI interface.

+ Reply to Thread