> From: Stuart Brook
> To: Mike Young ,
> Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:43:05 -0500
> Subject: Re: M8017 (DLV11-E) jumper settings?
>
> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:17:17 -0500, Mike Young wrote:
> > Anyone got a document describing the jumper settings for this unit?
> > I seem to have misplaced mine. Thanks...

> Handle Top Left ...
>
> Then there are double row headers as follows ... left to right (and up and down the board a bit)
>
> 2 way, 8 way, 10 way, 10way, 11 way
>
> They are in order
>
> on the 2 way
> -B B
>
> on the 8 way
> RS R1 R0 T0 T1 T2 T3 R2 R3
>
> on the 10 way
> C -E 1 2 M1 P -FR FB BG -FD
>
> on the 10 way
> S1 C1 A4 A3 A10 S A8 A9 A12 A11
>
> on the 11 way
> PB A6 A7 A5 V4 V7 V3 V6 V5 V8
>
> CSR A3-A12 1 = jumper in
>
> Vector V3-V8 1 = jumper in
>
> Rcv speed R0 - R3 Tx speed T0 - T3
>
> Speeds R0-3 and T0-3 in unless otherwise shown
> 50 none out
> 75 0 out
> 110 1 out
> 134.5 0 1 out
> 150 2 out
> 300 0 2 out
> 600 1 2 out
> 1200 0 1 2 out
> 1800 3 out
> 2000 0 3 out
> 2400 1 3 out
> 3600 0 1 3 out
> 4800 2 3 out
> 7200 0 2 3 out
> 9600 1 2 3 out
>
> Factory settings
>
> BG In # Jumper is inserted to enable break generation
> P Out # Jumper is inserted for operation with parity
> E Out # Jumper is removed for even parity, inserted for odd
> 1 Out # Select number of data bits. Factory set for 8
> 2 Out # I I 5 bits (I=insert, R=remove)

# I R 6 bits
# R I 7 bits
# R R 8 bits

> PB Out (enables programmable baud rate)
> C In (Common speed 110 baud enabled)
> C1 In (Common speed 110 baud enabled)
> S Out (Disable split baud rates)
> S1 Out
> H out # Inserted to assert BHALT on framing error
> B out # Inserted to assert BDCOK on framing error,

# thus causing reboot
> -B out # -B must be removed when B is inserted

# my book says -B is factory-inserted
> FD out # Force DTR book says factory-inserted
> RS in # Normal RTS
> FB out # Force Busy
> EF out
> MT out
> M out
> M1 out
>
> (Don't have the descriptions of some of the jumpers like C M etc)

OK, Stuart did the really hard part. I added some comments above.
Here are some words for some other jumpers.

C, C1 These jumpers are inserted for common speed operation.
(Note that S and S1 must be removed when C and C1 are
inserted.) Both jumpers are factory-inserted.

S, S1 Inserted for split speed operation. (Note that C and C1 must
be removed when S and S1 are inserted.) Both jumpers are
factory-removed.

M, M1 These are test jumpers used during the manufacture of teh
module. They are not defined for field use.

carl
--
carl lowenstein marine physical lab u.c. san diego
clowenst@ucsd.edu