Johnny Billquist wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Mike Ross wrote:
>
>> Does anyone by any chance have a good 11/70 backplane that's surplus
>> to requirements? I've a couple of QED-95 boardsets(1), but no 11/70
>> this side of the Atlantic to put them in... :-(

> I'm at the other side of the Atlantic... :-)
>
>> (I plan to build a tabletop 'ultimate 11/70' with the QED-95, modern
>> switcher power supply, Emulex SCSI, and internal SCSI disk... got all
>> the bits except the backplane!)

> Fun. Except I can't see how you'll fit it to a table top.
>
>> Alternatively, and even less likely, does anyone have a spare CIM-60
>> card? This is the QED front panel interface card that's required to
>> use the QED-95 with an 11/35 chassis...

> Nope.
>
>> (1) purchased on epay - latest one:
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5149783592

> Jeez. Is that guy selling whole PDP-11/70 machines in small bits and
> pieces? Looks like a few good machines will never run again. :-/

I exchanged email with the guy selling these...The racks and various
other components composed mostly of metal were destined for metal
recyclers. Some organizations have really weird rules in place
regarding disposing of excess equipment. There are various reasons why
the rules exist, and the 'logic' behind the decisions is convoluted to
say the least.
Email exchanges with the seller conveyed his bad feelings at the fate of
these machines but there was no way around them....such is life.
-John

snip...