You guys really don't want to go modern at all, do you :P

I have a hard time understanding how it would be easy to interface RMS to a
web site.

Besides, wouldn't that require having a PDP-11 hanging off the web server
machine with a database on it?

There are a lot of good, free admin and automation tools for MySQL
databases, I guess I'm not sure what you guys are trying to achieve here.
Are you thinking of running this in text mode on a PDP11? Granted it would
be cool but there wouldn't be any graphics!