Are Q22 SCSI controllers compatible with one another? - VMS

This is a discussion on Are Q22 SCSI controllers compatible with one another? - VMS ; Hi group, My question is in the subject. Say, if I take a SCSI HD off a CMD controller, will it work with a DILOG controller with all the data intact? It determines whether I should come up with my ...

  1. Are Q22 SCSI controllers compatible with one another?

    Hi group,
    My question is in the subject. Say, if I take a SCSI HD off a CMD
    controller, will it work with a DILOG controller with all the data intact?
    It determines whether I should come up with my own format when I develop a
    new controller.

    vax, 9000

  2. Re: Are Q22 SCSI controllers compatible with one another?

    vax, 9000 wrote:

    > My question is in the subject. Say, if I take a SCSI HD off a CMD
    > controller, will it work with a DILOG controller with all the data intact?

    Not necessarily. *Some* SCSI controllers *may* use the first (or some
    other) block to hold controller-specific information, such as partition
    information. The only way to be sure is to test the controller in
    question. I believe this is true with the DEC HSZ series of controllers.

    Alan

+ Reply to Thread