VT1xx Escape strings - VMS

This is a discussion on VT1xx Escape strings - VMS ; I'm playing with yet another VT100 emulator, mostly to refresh my memory on what functions are available via escape sequences. However it is getting to the point that its easier to get a PC than a VT100. I have a ...

  1. VT1xx Escape strings

    I'm playing with yet another VT100 emulator, mostly to
    refresh my memory on what functions are available via
    escape sequences. However it is getting to the point that
    its easier to get a PC than a VT100. I have a VT103 manual which
    lists most of the common strings. However during a pretty
    simple RT11 V5.03 boot sequence I'm seeing two strings I
    do not find documented:
    ESC[4l (thats a lower case 'L' and its NOT ESC[?4l
    although maybe it should have been, and is a bug
    )
    ESC\

    Comments or your favorite URL for these strings would
    be appreciated.

    Will

  2. Re: VT1xx Escape strings

    will kranz wrote:
    > I'm playing with yet another VT100 emulator, mostly to
    > refresh my memory on what functions are available via
    > escape sequences. However it is getting to the point that
    > its easier to get a PC than a VT100. I have a VT103 manual which

    I checked my VT320 manual and got the following:

    > lists most of the common strings. However during a pretty
    > simple RT11 V5.03 boot sequence I'm seeing two strings I
    > do not find documented:
    > ESC[4l (thats a lower case 'L' and its NOT ESC[?4l

    7-bit equivalent of 8-bit IRM (Insert/Replace Mode). 'l' is the
    command parameter. Valid parameters are 'l' = replace and
    'h' = insert.

    > although maybe it should have been, and is a bug
    > )
    > ESC\

    7-bit equivalent of 8-bit ST (String Terminator). This ends a
    control string.

    > Comments or your favorite URL for these strings would
    > be appreciated.
    >
    > Will

    Regards, Tim.

+ Reply to Thread