On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 dworkin@village.org wrote:

> Johnny Billquist wrote:
> : I know that if eBay "deals" start popping up here, I'll just quit being a
> : member.
>
> FYI, although the occasional one probably slips through (too early in
> the morning for a functional brain, other useful content in post,
> etc), I do generally bounce the ``go check out my ebay auction''
> posts, for exactly this reason. Posts along the lines of ``I've got
> , and if no one here will take it > conditions here>, I'll put it up on ebay in '' are
> harder to judge, but the ones that are clearly trying to get the
> machines to someone who is able to appreciate/use it will get passed.
> The others are a fuzzy area I try to judge as best I can.

So far, I'm not complaining. I think you've done a good job, and if
someone offers a machine, noting that it might go on eBay later, I don't
mind that either. It's the ones who already are on eBay, that they try to
generate more bidding by posting here that I object.

> Note that I'm about 2500 messages behind on the list itself, so either
> mail directly to me or keep some variant of ``ebay'' in the subject or
> body of the message if you want me to see it. The list's filter kicks
> all such posts to me for review.

Yikes! :-)

Johnny

Johnny Billquist || "I'm on a bus