Re: Bidding on Ebay for DEC equipment - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: Bidding on Ebay for DEC equipment - VMS ; Alan Frisbie wrote: .... > Sometimes, the cancellation comes about for other reasons. > In a recent case, the seller was going to sell two metal boxes > of PDP-11 maintenance microfiche a few sheets at a time. Three > ...

  1. Re: Bidding on Ebay for DEC equipment

    Alan Frisbie wrote:
    > Sometimes, the cancellation comes about for other reasons.
    > In a recent case, the seller was going to sell two metal boxes
    > of PDP-11 maintenance microfiche a few sheets at a time. Three
    > groups were already being bid on. I contacted the seller and convinced
    > him that it would be better for everyone if the complete set was kept
    > intact. He only cancelled the auctions because I was already the
    > high bidder on all three items, and we negotiated a price that gave
    > him maximum return for minimum work.

    IT WAS YOU !
    :-)

    ,
    Stephane

  2. Re: Bidding on Ebay for DEC equipment

    Stephane T. wrote:
    > Alan Frisbie wrote:
    >
    >> Sometimes, the cancellation comes about for other reasons.
    >> In a recent case, the seller was going to sell two metal boxes
    >> of PDP-11 maintenance microfiche a few sheets at a time. Three
    >> groups were already being bid on. I contacted the seller and convinced
    >> him that it would be better for everyone if the complete set was kept
    >> intact. He only cancelled the auctions because I was already the
    >> high bidder on all three items, and we negotiated a price that gave
    >> him maximum return for minimum work.

    > IT WAS YOU !

    If there is a particular fiche you need, just let me know and I
    will have it copied. I want them kept together just for this
    purpose. A couple of us DECnuts eventually want to have all
    the old documentation available online. I'm about to buy an
    11x17 scanner to help with this effort. If anyone has any
    pointers to a microfiche scanner, please let me know.

    In the meantime, I still have to inventory everything. :-(

    Alan

+ Reply to Thread