Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment? - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment? - VMS ; > Not sure, but the RS03/04 was probably among the early ones. > They are fixed head drives, which makes them pretty fast. I think that > nothing older was ever used in PDP-11s anyway, but there might have been ...

  1. Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment?

    > Not sure, but the RS03/04 was probably among the early ones.
    > They are fixed head drives, which makes them pretty fast. I think that
    > nothing older was ever used in PDP-11s anyway, but there might have been
    > some odd stuff for PDP-10 systems that was older.

    Well, there was the RF11 (which would access data in "words", not
    secotr/track/etc kinda like a DF32 on steroids). But I didn't realize
    that MASSBUSS had been around way back then; more the thought that at
    that point controllers were very specific to the drive (like my RK08)
    and not in any sort of "class" (like the RK11, the RK06, and the like)

    I wonder what the RK06 controller was supposed to be.

    Chris

  2. Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment?

    Christopher Zach wrote:
    > I wonder what the RK06 controller was supposed to be.

    I'm not sure exactly what you wonder about it. I have one
    (but alas, no disk drive for it); it's called RK611 and can
    control RK06 and RK07; it is a lot of small FlipChips in a
    specially wired backplane (somewhat similar to a DD11).

+ Reply to Thread