*nod* RL02's will run pretty much forever without a lot of TLC as well.
They also spin faster than RK05's, and are thus a bit quicker on the
latency.

For a long time I ran my pdp11 (11/23+, 2 RL02's, 1 RX01) as an attached
Decnet routing node to the local univeristy. It was really neat to sit
at home and copy files back and forth from the big Vaxes. And when I
needed serious storage I would fire up the 11/34a with the pair of RM02's.

Nowadays one can build an 11/73 with 4mb memory and 600mb of disk
without batting an eyelash.

Chris