I would guess that some or all of those figures are "maximum", rather than "nominal" values.
In the 11/04, the actual power needs will vary somewhat based on how many and what type of cards are in the backplane.

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-info-pdp11@village.org
[mailtowner-info-pdp11@village.org]On Behalf Of Julian Wolfe
(FireflyST)
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 12:32 PM
To: info-pdp11@village.org
Subject: Power requirements?

Can anyone give ballpark power requirements for the following components?

Ok, looking at the specs on each unit, I was able to discern the following:

An RX01 takes 100 watts to run.

A PDP 11/04 takes 110 watts to run

An RK05 takes 178 watts to run

Does this really add up to 388 watts or is there something I'm missing?

Also, running these devices all the time, what would that look like on a power bill?

Thanks!

Julian