Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment? - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment? - VMS ; > From: Julian Wolfe > Subject: Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment? > Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 21:06:10 -0600 > To: "Zane H. Healy" , info-pdp11@village.org > > Yeah, I think you hit that on the nose, an 11/05 or ...

  1. Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment?

    > From: Julian Wolfe
    > Subject: Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment?
    > Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 21:06:10 -0600
    > To: "Zane H. Healy" , info-pdp11@village.org
    >
    > Yeah, I think you hit that on the nose, an 11/05 or 11/10 seems just
    > right, and I'd love a blinkenlights -11.
    >
    > Unfortunately anyone who wants an -11 wants blinkenlights too, so they
    > become rather expensive
    >
    > What I'm going for is the most lights/spinning mechanisms, least power,
    > smallest formfactor, and wierdest color scheme.

    Not to discourage you from wanting a PDP11 in your apartment, but
    the 11/05 and 11/10 don't really have blinkenlights. They have
    lights that display static information when the CPU is stopped.
    I don't even think you can have the lights show the contents of
    R0 during a RESET instruction, the way 11/20s do. For more blink,
    you really want an 11/20 or 11/45.

    carl
    --
    carl lowenstein marine physical lab u.c. san diego
    clowenst@ucsd.edu

  2. Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment?

    Carl Lowenstein writes:

    >Not to discourage you from wanting a PDP11 in your apartment, but
    >the 11/05 and 11/10 don't really have blinkenlights. They have
    >lights that display static information when the CPU is stopped.
    >I don't even think you can have the lights show the contents of
    >R0 during a RESET instruction, the way 11/20s do. For more blink,
    >you really want an 11/20 or 11/45.

    The 11/05,10 does indeed display the contents of R0 on a RESET
    instruction. I have heard a rumor (which I will have to test
    on my 11/05 when it comes out of mothballs in a few months) that
    the contents of R0 are displayed also for a WAIT. If someone
    knows for sure, I'm ready to be corrected...

    Megan Gentry
    Former RT-11 Developer

    | Megan Gentry, EMT/B, PP-ASEL,ST| email: mbg at world.std.com |
    | Member of Technical Staff | megan at savaje.com |
    | SavaJe Technologies, Inc. | (s/ at /@/) |
    | 100 Apollo Drive | URL: http://world.std.com/~mbg/ |
    | Chelmsford, MA 01824 | "pdp-11 programmer - some assembler |
    | (978) 256 6521 (DEC '77-'98) | required." - mbg KB1FCA |

+ Reply to Thread