Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment? - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment? - VMS ; Yeah, I think you hit that on the nose, an 11/05 or 11/10 seems just right, and I'd love a blinkenlights -11. Unfortunately anyone who wants an -11 wants blinkenlights too, so they become rather expensive What I'm going for ...

  1. Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment?

    Yeah, I think you hit that on the nose, an 11/05 or 11/10 seems just
    right, and I'd love a blinkenlights -11.

    Unfortunately anyone who wants an -11 wants blinkenlights too, so they
    become rather expensive

    What I'm going for is the most lights/spinning mechanisms, least power,
    smallest formfactor, and wierdest color scheme.

    this would be perfect:

    http://www.hampage.hu/pdp-11/1105.html

    *sigh* Sure would flip people out when they entered my living room!

    What can you run off only 2 RX01s anyway?

    On Mar 2, 2004, at 7:06 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

    >>> The reason I'm asking for stuff from the mid-1970s era is partially
    >>> show factor...it's really neat to have a setup like that.

    >> Okay. You definitely would prefer an 11/05 or 11/10. Much more
    >> show-off in
    >> those systems, and still small. If you can live with larger, then I'd
    >> say
    >> 11/45-family.

    > For show since you have mentioned that weight isn't an issue, an 11/45
    > would
    > be *seriously* cool!
    >
    >> Bah! The RK05 is as sturdy as a tank. I've abused them so much you'd
    >> be
    >> shocked. Never serviced them, and they just keep running. RL02 are
    >> pretty
    >> good too. And no, electricity isn't that bad, except when starting...

    > I love RL02's! The initial current pull is why I've had my /44
    > plugged into
    > the washer circuit.
    >
    > Another solution for power might be to split the load across a couple
    > circuits (hopefully someone will comment if this is a bad idea, which I
    > think it might be, but can't remember why).
    >
    > Zane

  2. Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment?

    Julian Wolfe wrote:
    > Unfortunately anyone who wants an -11 wants blinkenlights too, so they
    > become rather expensive

    I'm beginning to wonder if there is a market for a lights/
    switch register add-on (it could easily be designed to work
    with either Qbus or Unibus).

    At Geotronics I came up with a really nice idle-loop light
    pattern, originally for 6th Ed. Unix but of course it could
    be adapted for any othe system. I think I have it in the
    archives somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread