Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment? - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment? - VMS ; One can run UCSD Pascal as well. I liked that. I also ran RT11 with MUBasic and 4 terminals on my pdp11V03. Chris Zane H. Healy wrote: >>What can you run off only 2 RX01s anyway? > > > Of ...

  1. Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment?

    Zane H. Healy wrote:

    >>What can you run off only 2 RX01s anyway?

    > Of the normally accessable OS's, the only one that I can think of is RT-11.
    >
    > Zane

  2. Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment?

    In article <4045FFC6.2070301@silver.lcs.mit.edu>,
    Christopher Zach writes:
    > One can run UCSD Pascal as well. I liked that.
    >
    > I also ran RT11 with MUBasic and 4 terminals on my pdp11V03.

    Does anybody have a copy of UCSD Pascal for the PDP-11? I have
    copies of Version II and Version IV but they are for a third
    party 11/02 and so lack drivers for any disks other than the
    custom 8" floppy that came with it. I would love to have a
    copy of Version IV with the real PDP-11 drivers as I am fairly
    certain it supported at least RL02's and maybe even other disks
    before it fell out of favor.

    Or, for that matter, if I could just find the device drivers I
    could very probably build a system for the real PDP-11 myself.
    It was a long time ago, but I still have all the documentation
    and such fun things like the F77 and USCD-Basic compilers. Boy
    would it be fun to see how fast it would run on something like
    an 11/44. :-)

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  3. Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment?

    Bill Gunshannon wrote:
    > Does anybody have a copy of UCSD Pascal for the PDP-11?

    I do have something called "UCSD p-System" on RX50 disks, but i don't
    know what exactly it is, wether it is of any use or on what type of
    machines it runs (i guess it is for DEC Pro300 series, but i'm not
    sure). I put them online when i made images of all the floppies i got:
    http://www.headcrashers.org/comp/rx50/index.html

    Hans

    --
    %SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown

  4. Re: PDP11/0x in my apartment?

    In article ,
    Hans Rosenfeld writes:
    > Bill Gunshannon wrote:
    >> Does anybody have a copy of UCSD Pascal for the PDP-11?

    > I do have something called "UCSD p-System" on RX50 disks, but i don't
    > know what exactly it is, wether it is of any use or on what type of
    > machines it runs (i guess it is for DEC Pro300 series, but i'm not
    > sure). I put them online when i made images of all the floppies i got:
    > http://www.headcrashers.org/comp/rx50/index.html

    Thank you very much. As soon as I get a chance to put them on
    real media I will look at them. While they may be for the PRO
    it is possible it is a complete LSI-11 distribution and media
    for other PDP-11 systems can be built using a combination of
    these disks and what I already had. If I have any luck I will
    let people know in case there is other interest.

    Oh yeah. I grabbed some other stuff too, like the uVAX diags.
    Lots of useful stuff there. Thanks again.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

+ Reply to Thread