Re: TC11 diagnostics - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: TC11 diagnostics - VMS ; Carl Lowenstein wrote: > I think the consensus is that the formatting software for DECtapes is > contained in one of the MainDEC programs that is became part of XXDP. > So why do you keep complaining that FORMAT won't ...

  1. Re: TC11 diagnostics

    Carl Lowenstein wrote:
    > I think the consensus is that the formatting software for DECtapes is
    > contained in one of the MainDEC programs that is became part of XXDP.
    > So why do you keep complaining that FORMAT won't do it.

    Ok, so I have to search through all the XXDP archives I can find. But it
    won't be easy without a file name to look for.
    And I'm not complaining at all. Johnny Billquist wrote that FMT unter RSX
    can't format DECtapes but he didn't know about RT11 format. So I wrote
    that it won't either, and that's all about FORMAT.

    Christian

  2. Re: TC11 diagnostics

    Christian Corti wrote:
    > Ok, so I have to search through all the XXDP archives I can find. But it
    > won't be easy without a file name to look for.

    ??TCA?.*

  3. Re: TC11 diagnostics

    Douglas A. Gwyn wrote:
    > ??TCA?.*

    I think that's it! There's a file called YPTCB0.BIN in the XXDP 2.2
    archive (I wasn't sure about that) although there are no helpful strings
    in it besides "DECTAPE STATUS ERROR", "FORWARD BLOCK NUMBER WRITE-READ
    ERROR" and other error messages, no "FORMAT" or "SET SWITCH TO WALL" etc.
    I will have to find a way to get the file onto a RK05 XXDP cartridge.

    Christian

+ Reply to Thread