There are no calls in the API do to this.

You could create a timer AST that periodically runs, checks the I/O counts (direct and buffered) and requeues itself. If the I/O counts don't change, then I would consider the application to be hung.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruslan R. Laishev [mailto:Laishev@SMTP.DeltaTel.RU]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 6:34 AM
To: info-tcpware@process.com
Subject: TCPWare-TCP 5.6-2/Alpha FTP API & Timeouts processing

Hello All!

We have an application which was written by using the FTP API ... sometime the
application just hung... So is there a way to introducing "idle timeout" or/and
"maximum session time" to handling cases when a remote site don't sent any

+ WBR, OpenVMS [Sys|Net] HardWorker ............. Skype: SysMan-One +
Delta Telecom JSC, IMT-MC-450(CDMA2000) cellular operator
Russia,191119,St.Petersburg,Transportny per. 3 Cel: +7 (812) 716-3222
+http://starlet.deltatelecom.ru ............. Frying on OpenVMS only +