Ira,

Sorry I didn't read your original message closely enough.

Have you tried adding /DEFAULT=FEED to the queue initialization
command?

If that doesn't work, you might try this:
1. Add a module to your device control library containing a single
formfeed. If you already have a RESET form that does this, it
will do.

2. Define a print form such as:
$ DEFINE/FORM/SETUP=module_name LG12_DEFAULT

3. Make that the default form for the queue:
$ INITIALIZE/QUEUE/DEFAULT=(FORM=LG12_DEFAULT) queue_name

I hope this helps.

Dale