Thanks for your suggestion.

We had already tried that approach, but as you indicate that is designed to
send a form feed to the printer between *jobs*.

We need a form feed between each file of a single job (print command). For
example, in "print/copies=3 test.lis"; we need a form feed between copy one and
two and another, form feed between copy two and three. We managed to get the
LG12 to form feed after the final copy of each job, by configuring a "logical
printer" using the LG12's web panel interface.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated...

im

Ira Melamed
Administrative Computing
Farmingdale State
Farmingdale, New York 11735
Email: melameis@farmingdale.edu
Phone: (631) 420-2415
Fax : (631) 420-2696

From: "Lutes, Dale"
Subject: RE: LG12 Line Printer
To: info-tcpware@process.com

The answer is to build a device control library for that particular printer.
That would be a text library (.TLB) containing a reset module. These are
the steps:

1. Create a text file called RESET.TXT containing the control sequence
needed to reset the printer between jobs. In your case, it sounds like a
single formfeed character would do.

2. Create the device control library file and insert your reset module into
it:
LIBRARY/TEXT/CREATE LG12_CTL RESET

3. Copy the library file to SYS$SYSDEVICE:[VMS$COMMON.SYSLIB]

4. Add the following qualifiers to your queue startup command:
/LIBRARY=LG12_CTL/SEPARATE=(RESET=RESET)

You may have to stop and restart the queue.