TCPware ECO kit announcement

The following ECO kit is now available for TCPware:

ECO: LPD_V572P020
Release date: 23-JUN-2006
Ranking: 3
Max ranking: 3
Versions: 5.7-2

To search the TCPware ECO database, please visit the following URL:

For more information, contact Process Software via:

Phone: 1-800-394-8700

The ECO kit README contents are below.

LPD Patch kit (revision 2.0) for TCPware version 5.7-2 22-JUN-2006

Copyright (c) 2006, by Process Software, LLC

Version 2.0 ECO rank: 3
Overall ECO rank: 3

This VMSinstallable saveset provides a new version of the LPD
Server for TCPware for OpenVMS. You must restart the LPS
system after installation for these changes to take effect.

The following changes have been made:

- The LPD Server has been changed to correct a problem
that occurred on VAX system, resulting in an error
similar to the following in the LPD Server's output:

$ netcu mod service printer tcp/output=sys$manager:lpd.log
$ lpr sys$Manager:welcome.txt
Could not send data file TEST$DKA0:[SYS0.SYSCOMMON.][SYSMGR]WELCOME.TXT;1
$ type sys$manager:lpd.log
%LPD-I-STARTED, LPD V5.7-1, process LPD_14 on Tue Jun 20 11:33:48 2006
%LPD-I-CONACCEPT, accepted connection from (,731)
%LPD-I-FUNC, function 2 (receive a job) received - queue2
%LPD-I-SUBFUNC, subfunction 3 (receive data file) received: 5241
%LPD-F-ACCESS, failed to access spool directory file
-SYSTEM-W-NOSUCHFILE, no such file
SYSTEM job terminated at 20-JUN-2006 11:33:49.59

This problem did not occur on AXP or IA64.

- The LPD Server has been changed to correct a problem
with submitting jobs to the queue manager. Without
the change, jobs sent from the local system (the
one the LPD Server is on) will fail with an OPCOM
message similar to this:

%%%%%%%%%%% OPCOM 16-JUN-2006 09:42:52.03 %%%%%%%%%%%
Message from user SYSTEM on TEST
%TCPWARE_LPD-F-SNDJBC, failed to create new job for (,731)
-SYSTEM-F-MBTOOSML, mailbox is too small for request

The change corrects this problem. Jobs sent from remote
hosts do not result in this problem with or without
the change. (D/E 10331)

The old version of LPD will be renamed to:

Once installed, you may undo this patch by renaming the file back to

and then restarting LPS with @tcpware:restart lps

[End of ECO announcement]