Re: aaaa records in tcpware 5.7-2 - VMS

This is a discussion on Re: aaaa records in tcpware 5.7-2 - VMS ; I'm seeing the same error on a 5.7-2 nameserver here. The "IPv4" error itself is trivial, later releases of BIND corrected that to be "IPv6". The db_load functionality takes the AAAA record and passes the address to an inet_pton6 function, ...

  1. Re: aaaa records in tcpware 5.7-2

    I'm seeing the same error on a 5.7-2 nameserver here. The "IPv4"
    error itself is trivial, later releases of BIND corrected that to
    be "IPv6".

    The db_load functionality takes the AAAA record and passes the
    address to an inet_pton6 function, which converts the record to
    binary network format. It's failing as it's not a valid IPv6
    address.

    You received no error message at all with previous versions of
    TCPware?

    -Ralph Young
    Process Software