Case key for AlphaStation 200 needed - VMS

This is a discussion on Case key for AlphaStation 200 needed - VMS ; I have an AlphaStation 200 4/166 and I need to replace the bad internal hard drive then restore OpenVMS. Does anyone have an extra case key? I heard that the keys are all the same and I didn't get one ...

  1. Case key for AlphaStation 200 needed

    I have an AlphaStation 200 4/166 and I need to replace the bad internal
    hard drive then restore OpenVMS. Does anyone have an extra case key?
    I heard that the keys are all the same and I didn't get one when I
    acquired the system.

    Thanks,
    Tom

  2. Re: Case key for AlphaStation 200 needed

    T. Steuver wrote:

    > I have an AlphaStation 200 4/166 and I need to replace the bad internal
    > hard drive then restore OpenVMS. Does anyone have an extra case key?
    > I heard that the keys are all the same [...]

    As far as I know, they aren't... but the DEC/CPQ/HP field service folks
    used to have a master key. So, if you have any contacts to one, he might be
    able to help you.

    Hans.

  3. Re: Case key for AlphaStation 200 needed

    "T. Steuver" wrote:

    > I have an AlphaStation 200 4/166 and I need to replace the bad internal
    > hard drive then restore OpenVMS. Does anyone have an extra case key?
    > I heard that the keys are all the same and I didn't get one when I
    > acquired the system.

    As someone in another group suggested, force the cover until the lock
    gives, then disable or remove it. That's what I did to mine.

    BTW, watch out for the power supply fan. They seem to have an
    above-average failure rate.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

    Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

    Coming soon:
    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page

  4. Re: Case key for AlphaStation 200 needed

    If you can give me the number from the lock (etched on the metal) I might
    have one

    DT

    "T. Steuver" wrote in message
    news:1131679624.333412.57870@g49g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    >I have an AlphaStation 200 4/166 and I need to replace the bad internal
    > hard drive then restore OpenVMS. Does anyone have an extra case key?
    > I heard that the keys are all the same and I didn't get one when I
    > acquired the system.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tom

+ Reply to Thread