LFU freeses - VMS

This is a discussion on LFU freeses - VMS ; a friend recommended me to upgrade my SRM; so I tried whats on http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha...es/as1200.html but when LFU attemps to read vda0, it freeses 10s later. details: ........ hmmm trying to reproduce to write down this report, and now works ... ...

  1. LFU freeses

    a friend recommended me to upgrade my SRM; so I tried whats on
    http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha...es/as1200.html

    but when LFU attemps to read vda0, it freeses 10s later.

    details:

    hmmm trying to reproduce to write down this report, and now works ...

    lets still write details for posterity:

    pre- create the 3 floppies with apropriate files, in respect to URL. (format with
    'mformat')
    - boot station
    - hit lfu then enter
    - hit dva0 then enter
    - read that default file name is AS1200IO, leave default message, and press enter.

    at this points, usually, everything go wrong: hit ^x within 10s to get back the
    prompt, or 10s later, the box just freeses.

    NEW STAGE: lfu now prints out:
    Copying AS1200CP from DVA0

    then ... freeses here.

    I post this now, and confirm 1h later that it still hang there.

    When booting Linux, it can read the files within 1 or 2 mn, but under SRM/LFU,
    reader does not produce any noise, and it does nothing over hours. Still, the green
    light shines.

    --
    DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre (aka DoubleHP ) http://www.demaine.info/
    \_o< If computing were an exact science, IT engineers would not have work >o_/

  2. Re: LFU freeses

    1h later, prompt stll hang. (light still on)

    --
    DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre (aka DoubleHP ) http://www.demaine.info/
    \_o< If computing were an exact science, IT engineers would not have work >o_/

+ Reply to Thread