where to find 2nd hand OpenVMS ? - VMS

This is a discussion on where to find 2nd hand OpenVMS ? - VMS ; I just found some 2nd hand dual ALPHA, and I wonder if any one would sell me one to four OpenVMS licenses, install CDs, and provided documentations ? -- DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre (aka DoubleHP ) http://www.demaine.info/ \_o o_/...

  1. where to find 2nd hand OpenVMS ?

    --
    DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre (aka DoubleHP ) http://www.demaine.info/
    \_o< If computing were an exact science, IT engineers would not have work >o_/

  2. Re: where to find 2nd hand OpenVMS ?

    DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre wrote:

    > I just found some 2nd hand dual ALPHA, and I wonder if any one would sell me one to
    > four OpenVMS licenses, install CDs, and provided documentations ?

    google for the personal freebies.

  3. Re: where to find 2nd hand OpenVMS ?

    > google for the personal freebies.

    this leaded me to user applications, NOT to operating system.

    --
    DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre (aka DoubleHP ) http://www.demaine.info/
    \_o< If computing were an exact science, IT engineers would not have work >o_/

  4. Re: where to find 2nd hand OpenVMS ?

    DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre wrote:
    >>google for the personal freebies.

    > this leaded me to user applications, NOT to operating system.

    there is in fact a scheme availible where you can get the o/s for
    personal use , search the hp site.

  5. Re: where to find 2nd hand OpenVMS ?

    atec wrote:

    > DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre wrote:
    > >>google for the personal freebies.

    > > this leaded me to user applications, NOT to operating system.
    > >

    > there is in fact a scheme availible where you can get the o/s for
    > personal use , search the hp site.

    You are referring, I believe, to the OpenVMS Hobbyist program

    http://www.openvmshobbyist.org/

    You can find other references at

    http://www.openvms.org/

    The Hobbyist license is for non-commercial use only and must be renewed
    annually. You'll need some level of Encompass/DECUS membership to get
    the licenses which are received via e-mail.

    See the websites for further details.

    The comp.os.vms newsgroup can be a useful resource, in spite of the many
    extended off-topic threads on everything from global politics to
    you-name-it.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems