configuration of decserver - VMS

This is a discussion on configuration of decserver - VMS ; Hello All, How to configure DecServer in the Alphaserver. with regards, Radha...

  1. configuration of decserver

    Hello All,

    How to configure DecServer in the Alphaserver.

    with regards,
    Radha

  2. Re: configuration of decserver

    In article , "radhakrishnan" writes:
    > How to configure DecServer in the Alphaserver.

    Configure it for what? It's default configuration is 'configured', but maybe
    not the way you want it. It would be set up to support terminal sessions,
    not printers or other reverse communications.

    Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD"
    >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD! <<<

    Kaplow Klips & Baffle: http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
    www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org

    26-October, 2001: A day that will live in infamy
    Support Freedom: http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/

    .... One nation under survielence, divisive, with liberty and justice for none.

  3. Re: configuration of decserver

    radhakrishnan wrote:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > How to configure DecServer in the Alphaserver.

    Need more info:

    Which "AlphaServer"?

    Which "DecServer"? (not normally part of an "AlphaServer", we'll have to
    dig a bit to find out what you are really asking).

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

  4. Re: configuration of decserver

    Let us start with the basic questions:
    DecServer Model
    Network Protocol (LAT or TCPIP)
    DecServer Boot Method (MOP, BOOTP, Flash RAM)
    What are the ports used for

    After these are answered, we can point you to the right documentation for
    the rest.

    "radhakrishnan" wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    >
    > How to configure DecServer in the Alphaserver.
    >
    > with regards,
    > Radha

  5. Re: configuration of decserver

    "Gary Cooper" wrote in message
    news:fPhgd.11084$5i5.6722@newsread2.news.atl.earth link.net...
    > Let us start with the basic questions:
    > DecServer Model
    > Network Protocol (LAT or TCPIP)
    > DecServer Boot Method (MOP, BOOTP, Flash RAM)
    > What are the ports used for
    >
    > After these are answered, we can point you to the right documentation for
    > the rest.
    >

    > "radhakrishnan" wrote in message
    > > Hello All,
    > >
    > > How to configure DecServer in the Alphaserver.
    > >
    > > with regards,
    > > Radha

  6. Re: configuration of decserver

    Hello

    The DecServer type is DECserver 700
    Network Protocol is LAT
    DecServer BootMethod BOOTP
    The ports are connected to the computer test benches

    with regards,
    radhakrishnan

+ Reply to Thread