replacing DECnet_PLUS with DECnet_phase_IV - VMS

This is a discussion on replacing DECnet_PLUS with DECnet_phase_IV - VMS ; VMS 7.3-1 I attempted to remove DECnet_PLUS and replace with DECnet_PHASE_IV. $ PRODUCT REMOVE DECNET_OSI $ PRODUCT CONFIGURE VMS $ PRODUCT INSTALL DECNET_PHASE_IV I performed all of this from the operating system CD, using the appropriate menu options. However, when ...

  1. replacing DECnet_PLUS with DECnet_phase_IV

    VMS 7.3-1

    I attempted to remove DECnet_PLUS and replace with DECnet_PHASE_IV.

    $ PRODUCT REMOVE DECNET_OSI
    $ PRODUCT CONFIGURE VMS
    $ PRODUCT INSTALL DECNET_PHASE_IV

    I performed all of this from the operating system CD, using the
    appropriate menu options.

    However, when I do NETCONFIG, it gives an error about NETWRKMSG.EXE
    not found and hangs.

    I am also missing files like FAL.EXE, RTPAD.EXE.

    Where do these get installed?

    Can I just copy them from the CD to appropriate directories?

    tom manko
    Core Furnace Systems

  2. Re: replacing DECnet_PLUS with DECnet_phase_IV

    Tom Manko wrote:

    > VMS 7.3-1
    >
    > I attempted to remove DECnet_PLUS and replace with DECnet_PHASE_IV.
    >
    > $ PRODUCT REMOVE DECNET_OSI
    > $ PRODUCT CONFIGURE VMS
    > $ PRODUCT INSTALL DECNET_PHASE_IV
    >
    > I performed all of this from the operating system CD, using the
    > appropriate menu options.
    >
    > However, when I do NETCONFIG, it gives an error about NETWRKMSG.EXE
    > not found and hangs.
    >
    > I am also missing files like FAL.EXE, RTPAD.EXE.
    >
    > Where do these get installed?
    >
    > Can I just copy them from the CD to appropriate directories?

    Try the comp.os.vms newsgroup. It's quite a bit more active than this
    one and doesn't see stuff from the .es DIVX pirates.

    --
    David J. Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/