From: "Tom Linden"

> BTW, What exactly is ZCD$ETH_LNM?
>
> I do not see anything like that name on any of my systems

"ZCD" was short for "Zycad", where I was working when I wrote the
stuff the first time. It was part of an Ethernet-address-related
license enforcement scheme which was never used. (That was about the
time when all our customers left VMS for the better price/performance
offered by various UNIX workstation vendors, so the company lost
interest in license enforcement on VMS. Along with everything else.)
The idea was that the program would find an adapter on its own, but, if
you wished, you could direct it to a particular one by defining that
logical name.

Steven M. Schweda sms@antinode-org
382 South Warwick Street (+1) 651-699-9818
Saint Paul MN 55105-2547