What do I need to resore an encrypted backup? - Veritas

This is a discussion on What do I need to resore an encrypted backup? - Veritas ; I need to run a test on whether or not we can restore a backup that was encrypted. I have a passphrase and the username and password, is there anything else I need to take with me in order to ...

  1. What do I need to resore an encrypted backup?

    I need to run a test on whether or not we can restore a backup that was
    encrypted. I have a passphrase and the username and password, is there
    anything else I need to take with me in order to restore the data?

  2. Re: What do I need to resore an encrypted backup?

    It is never clear when you pick a directory, how much of that directory path will or will not be used in the destination. It seems that you program used the LAST folder name in the source folder, and created a folder with that name. But I really wanted it to use the last two folder names. I can do this by manually setting up the destination directory. My point is not about the capability, but about the user knowing what the program is going to do with the settings that have been made. It can be frustrating finding this out by trial and error when file transfers take so long. I have three levels of folders, and if I test of a subset (by selecting an innermost folder) it is not the same as selecting the outer folder, so I am not 100% confident I really understand the program behavior until I pick the outermost folder, but that will take >100 hours to run, so I will be really upset if it does it incorrectly. Other programs I use will give you a list of source files on the left that it finds in the directories, and the list of file path names that it will create on the destination (including any manipulations of the file names). This will show the user that they did or did not set up the folder settings the way they wanted. This is also useful when you are excluding files to see that the right files are excluded.

+ Reply to Thread