How to burn iso-file on CD, so that it is bootable? - Veritas

This is a discussion on How to burn iso-file on CD, so that it is bootable? - Veritas ; Hello! After that I finaly managed to build the iso-file with IDR on an Novell6 server, I would now like to burn I on CD, so that the CD is bootable. Please excuse the simple question - but how must ...

  1. How to burn iso-file on CD, so that it is bootable?

    Hello!

    After that I finaly managed to build the iso-file with IDR
    on an Novell6 server, I would now like to burn I on CD,
    so that the CD is bootable.

    Please excuse the simple question - but how must I burn the
    iso-file on the CD?? My tries with WinONCD 3.7. didn't suceed,
    the CD isn't bootable. I used tho Option bootable CD,
    source: boot from image-file (the iso-file) but that didnt work,
    the created CD isn't bootable an a test PC.
    I used single speed-burning.

    How must I create this CD? Simply burn the ISO-file
    on CD, as Data-CD??
    Or must chose the bootable-CD option - with which parameters?
    Or do I need additional files?

    Thanks a lot for your hint!

    Geetings from Germany,

    Carsten

  2. Re: How to burn iso-file on CD, so that it is bootable?

    Hi,

    If you're using an ISO file, I think you can just burn it without having
    to enable any special "make bootable" option. The ISO is an image, so it
    should be an exact clone of the original "CD".

    You have now reminded me to test my own CD to see if it will boot.

    --
    Gerry Hickman (London UK)

  3. Re: How to burn iso-file on CD, so that it is bootable?

    "Carsten" wrote:

    >Hello!
    >
    >After that I finaly managed to build the iso-file with IDR
    >on an Novell6 server, I would now like to burn I on CD,
    >so that the CD is bootable.
    >
    >Please excuse the simple question - but how must I burn the
    >iso-file on the CD?? My tries with WinONCD 3.7. didn't suceed,
    >the CD isn't bootable. I used tho Option bootable CD,
    >source: boot from image-file (the iso-file) but that didnt work,
    >the created CD isn't bootable an a test PC.
    >I used single speed-burning.
    >
    >How must I create this CD? Simply burn the ISO-file
    >on CD, as Data-CD??
    >Or must chose the bootable-CD option - with which parameters?
    >Or do I need additional files?
    >
    >Thanks a lot for your hint!
    >you need some files like from a bootup floppy ie win 98 set up disk also

    boot from cd must be enabled

    we use the roxio cd burninging software here adn it creates a bootcat.bin
    adn bootcat.img file orrrrrrrrrr you can boot with the floppy and run
    it from there
    >Geetings from Germany,
    >
    >Carsten

+ Reply to Thread