I have a server named "DISASTER" that I am using to test IDR.
I put a virgin install of Veritas Netbackup Data Center 3.4.1 and patch to
341.5.
I edited the hosts file on the Master Backup Server and the DISASTER server
to reflect each IP's for name resolution. I setup a class on the Master
Backup Server to backup DISASTER's C Drive and the System State and then
run a FULL backup of the server. Successful backup. I check the DISASTER
server and verify that the IDR Data directory is there with the DISASTER.DR
file. I create the IDR Diskettes using the IDR Prep Wizard.

Now the problem:
To simulate a server crash, I boot using the IDR diskettes and get to the
point where you can delete the partition, recreate, and re-format the partition.
Everything good so far (I am following the "Step by step manual of an NT2000
server using IDR" 237087 TechNote ID). Now I finish the floppy swaps, reboot
for the network, and in the GUI for the manual restore. I choose the latest
backup (C drive only per the TechNote). I also choose the overwrite option.
I start the restore and it kicks off without an issue. After the restore
completes, It states the following: TAR EXITING WITH STATUS = 5 / TAR
RESTORED 7705 OUT OF 7705 FILES / TAR KEPT 0 EXISTING FILES / A REBOOT OF
THE MACHINE IS REQUIRED FOR ALL FILES TO TAKE EFFECT. Then it states that
the restore failed to recover the requested files.
This error occurs on any restore I attempt. I have edited the host file
and added the Master Backup Server with its IP. I have rebooted the Master
Backup Server thinking there is a communication fault.
I AM STUMPED. PLEASE ASSIST?