IDR doesn't work with NDS 8.52 - Veritas

This is a discussion on IDR doesn't work with NDS 8.52 - Veritas ; I've successfully burned a bootable IDR CD, and when i attempt to restore the file system to a blank Hard disk, i firstly get a "cannpt find d:\autoexec.bat" which i've managed to get past by manually formatting the dos partition ...

  1. IDR doesn't work with NDS 8.52

    I've successfully burned a bootable IDR CD, and when i attempt to restore
    the file system to a blank Hard disk, i firstly get a "cannpt find d:\autoexec.bat"
    which i've managed to get past by manually formatting the dos partition using
    format /s.

    Then after recovery, and it reboots, it doesn't load up NICI and beeps all
    the way through the Netware bootup files, with missing files here there and
    everywhere. When eventually i get to a prompt, there are no volumes loaded.
    Its a multiple server environment i'm testing IDR with, thank god its not
    a live system otherwise i'd be kicking off big style. Any ideas?

  2. Re: IDR doesn't work with NDS 8.52

    I have the same problem, NW 5.1, latest SP, BE 9.0 and latest patches.
    If I try IDR it works until I try to load bestart. DS is not loaded and I
    am not able to log in the NDS.

    Any help?

    Eduard
    "Habsta" wrote:

    >I've successfully burned a bootable IDR CD, and when i attempt to restore
    >the file system to a blank Hard disk, i firstly get a "cannpt find d:\autoexec.bat"
    >which i've managed to get past by manually formatting the dos partition

    using
    >format /s.
    >
    >Then after recovery, and it reboots, it doesn't load up NICI and beeps all
    >the way through the Netware bootup files, with missing files here there

    and
    >everywhere. When eventually i get to a prompt, there are no volumes loaded.
    >Its a multiple server environment i'm testing IDR with, thank god its not
    >a live system otherwise i'd be kicking off big style. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread