IDR onto different hardware - Veritas

This is a discussion on IDR onto different hardware - Veritas ; Guys, I'm gonna post this again, 'cos i got no response last time and I could use a little help. When you IDR a SCSI based server onto different hardware with different SCSI adapters, I can get the DR wizard ...

  1. IDR onto different hardware

    Guys,
    I'm gonna post this again, 'cos i got no response last time and I could use
    a little help.

    When you IDR a SCSI based server onto different hardware with different SCSI
    adapters, I can get the DR wizard to load and recover the server by adding
    additional SCSI drivers during setup with F6. However, once the server is
    recovered, these are overwritten as the c: drive is restored.
    How do i get the different SCSI drivers and or RAID controllers to load in
    the recovered server??

    Thanks
    OJ

  2. Re: IDR onto different hardware

    I've tried those suggestions. Never seems to work though.
    MS say to use FAT and boot to the c: drive and copy the correct file into
    %systemroot%system32. However, IDR lets you go to a cmd prompt after the
    restore is finished, so this is how i did it.

    Ahh well - looks like i''' have to keep trying.
    Thanks for your response, no one else even bothered!!

    OJ

    "Scumbag Adie" wrote in message

    > I've got the same problem, and it looks like we're on our own as this is

    not
    > supported functionality of IDR.
    >
    > Microsoft articles Q139822,Q130928 are a start. I haven't tried any of

    this
    > stuff yet though.
    >
    > Adie
    >
    > "OJ" wrote:
    > >Guys,
    > >I'm gonna post this again, 'cos i got no response last time and I could

    > use
    > >a little help.
    > >
    > >When you IDR a SCSI based server onto different hardware with different

    > SCSI
    > >adapters, I can get the DR wizard to load and recover the server by

    adding
    > >additional SCSI drivers during setup with F6. However, once the server

    > is
    > >recovered, these are overwritten as the c: drive is restored.
    > >How do i get the different SCSI drivers and or RAID controllers to load

    > in
    > >the recovered server??
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >OJ

  3. Re: IDR onto different hardware

    You can press ALT+Z for the dos prompt while the connecting to media server
    screen

    "OJ" wrote:
    >I've tried those suggestions. Never seems to work though.
    >MS say to use FAT and boot to the c: drive and copy the correct file into
    >%systemroot%system32. However, IDR lets you go to a cmd prompt after the
    >restore is finished, so this is how i did it.
    >
    >Ahh well - looks like i''' have to keep trying.
    >Thanks for your response, no one else even bothered!!
    >
    >OJ
    >
    >"Scumbag Adie" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I've got the same problem, and it looks like we're on our own as this

    is
    >not
    >> supported functionality of IDR.
    >>
    >> Microsoft articles Q139822,Q130928 are a start. I haven't tried any of

    >this
    >> stuff yet though.
    >>
    >> Adie
    >>
    >> "OJ" wrote:
    >> >Guys,
    >> >I'm gonna post this again, 'cos i got no response last time and I could

    >> use
    >> >a little help.
    >> >
    >> >When you IDR a SCSI based server onto different hardware with different

    >> SCSI
    >> >adapters, I can get the DR wizard to load and recover the server by

    >adding
    >> >additional SCSI drivers during setup with F6. However, once the server

    >> is
    >> >recovered, these are overwritten as the c: drive is restored.
    >> >How do i get the different SCSI drivers and or RAID controllers to load

    >> in
    >> >the recovered server??
    >> >
    >> >Thanks
    >> >OJ