IDR onto Different hardware - SCSI problems - Veritas

This is a discussion on IDR onto Different hardware - SCSI problems - Veritas ; Dear All, I have read a lot on this and still can't get anywhere with it. Please help. When you IDR a SCSI based server onto different hardware with different SCSI adapters, I can get the DR wizard to load ...

  1. IDR onto Different hardware - SCSI problems

    Dear All,
    I have read a lot on this and still can't get anywhere with it. Please help.
    When you IDR a SCSI based server onto different hardware with different SCSI
    adapters, I can get the DR wizard to load and recover the server by adding
    additional SCSI drivers during setup with F6. However, once the server is
    recovered, these are overwritten. How do i get the different SCSI drivers
    to load in the recoeverd server??

    Thanks in advance.
    OJ

  2. Re: IDR onto Different hardware - SCSI problems

    John

    I think have a way round this, follow these instructions.

    1. Use idr to restore your system.
    2. The last screen idr offers before trying to boot to the restored os has
    3 buttons (run cmd/edit boot.ini/finish)
    3. Select run cmd
    4. Copy from c:\winntdr.tmp\system32\drivers\*.* to c:\winnt\system32\drivers
    (do not overwrite any existing files)
    5. Also make sure the boot.ini is ok (I had a problem restoring to a compaq
    box because I forgot about the compaq system partition)
    6. Reboot
    7. You may want to reapply the current SP to your system as the files copied
    from the c:\winntdr.tmp dir are SP1 files.

    This worked for us, let me know how you get on

    James

    "Owen John" wrote:

    >Dear All,
    >I have read a lot on this and still can't get anywhere with it. Please

    help.
    >When you IDR a SCSI based server onto different hardware with different

    SCSI
    >adapters, I can get the DR wizard to load and recover the server by adding
    >additional SCSI drivers during setup with F6. However, once the server

    is
    >recovered, these are overwritten. How do i get the different SCSI drivers
    >to load in the recoeverd server??
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >OJ

  3. Re: IDR onto Different hardware - SCSI problems

    Yeah, I agree that it should work and i tried in various different guises,
    but couldn't get it to work at all on one particular server. It work on all
    others though. Even Veritas couldn't sort it!!!!

    OJ

    "james marsh" wrote in message

    > John
    >
    > I think have a way round this, follow these instructions.
    >
    > 1. Use idr to restore your system.
    > 2. The last screen idr offers before trying to boot to the restored os has
    > 3 buttons (run cmd/edit boot.ini/finish)
    > 3. Select run cmd
    > 4. Copy from c:\winntdr.tmp\system32\drivers\*.* to

    c:\winnt\system32\drivers
    > (do not overwrite any existing files)
    > 5. Also make sure the boot.ini is ok (I had a problem restoring to a

    compaq
    > box because I forgot about the compaq system partition)
    > 6. Reboot
    > 7. You may want to reapply the current SP to your system as the files

    copied
    > from the c:\winntdr.tmp dir are SP1 files.
    >
    > This worked for us, let me know how you get on
    >
    > James
    >
    > "Owen John" wrote:
    > >
    > >Dear All,
    > >I have read a lot on this and still can't get anywhere with it. Please

    > help.
    > >When you IDR a SCSI based server onto different hardware with different

    > SCSI
    > >adapters, I can get the DR wizard to load and recover the server by

    adding
    > >additional SCSI drivers during setup with F6. However, once the server

    > is
    > >recovered, these are overwritten. How do i get the different SCSI

    drivers
    > >to load in the recoeverd server??
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance.
    > >OJ

  4. Re: IDR onto Different hardware - SCSI problems

    what type of hardware are you restoring to and from ???

    JM

+ Reply to Thread