destroying old tapes - Veritas

This is a discussion on destroying old tapes - Veritas ; Does anyone know of the "best practices" to destroy old or unused NT Backup tapes? I'm looking for the quickest solution. There is sensitive data on these tapes and they must be destroyed. We do not have an incinerator on ...

  1. destroying old tapes

    Does anyone know of the "best practices" to destroy old or unused NT Backup
    tapes? I'm looking for the quickest solution. There is sensitive data on
    these tapes and they must be destroyed. We do not have an incinerator on
    site. Currently we have our carpenter shop cut each tape in half. Not a
    great solution.

    Thanks

  2. Re: destroying old tapes

    Get a strong magnet.
    PT
    "Gerald Livingston" wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of the "best practices" to destroy old or unused NT

    Backup
    > tapes? I'm looking for the quickest solution. There is sensitive data on
    > these tapes and they must be destroyed. We do not have an incinerator on
    > site. Currently we have our carpenter shop cut each tape in half. Not a
    > great solution.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread