Can I make an Emergency Recovery Disk for a backup tape? - Veritas

This is a discussion on Can I make an Emergency Recovery Disk for a backup tape? - Veritas ; Hello: Our NT server crashed and the hardware supplier said that they cannot start it without the Emergency Recovery Diskette. We don't have one. Is it possible to create one from our last full backup tape? Thanks for any help, ...

  1. Can I make an Emergency Recovery Disk for a backup tape?

    Hello:

    Our NT server crashed and the hardware supplier said that they cannot start
    it without the Emergency Recovery Diskette. We don't have one.
    Is it possible to create one from our last full backup tape?

    Thanks for any help,

    Rob.

  2. Re: Can I make an Emergency Recovery Disk for a backup tape?

    Sorry, wrong newsgroup.

    "Robert thompson" wrote:

    >Hello:
    >
    >Our NT server crashed and the hardware supplier said that they cannot start
    >it without the Emergency Recovery Diskette. We don't have one.
    >Is it possible to create one from our last full backup tape?
    >
    >Thanks for any help,
    >
    >Rob.

  3. Re: Can I make an Emergency Recovery Disk for a backup tape?

    In NT 4.0, the contents of the ERD can be found in the winnt\repair
    directory.

    Good luck.

    "Robert thompson" wrote in message

    > Hello:
    >
    > Our NT server crashed and the hardware supplier said that they cannot

    start
    > it without the Emergency Recovery Diskette. We don't have one.
    > Is it possible to create one from our last full backup tape?
    >
    > Thanks for any help,
    >
    > Rob.

+ Reply to Thread