Backup Exec 8.5 IDR Option - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup Exec 8.5 IDR Option - Veritas ; Hi all I'm using following HW/SW: - Compaq Proliant ML 370 with AIT 35GB / LVD DRReady Tape drive connected onboard - Smart Array 5300 Controller for RAID-Disks - W2K Server German SP2 - Backup Exec 8.5 3572 RC 9 ...

  1. Backup Exec 8.5 IDR Option

    Hi all

    I'm using following HW/SW:

    - Compaq Proliant ML 370 with AIT 35GB / LVD DRReady Tape drive connected
    onboard
    - Smart Array 5300 Controller for RAID-Disks
    - W2K Server German SP2
    - Backup Exec 8.5 3572 RC 9 German
    - IDR Option-Patch (Nov. 2000) as suggested by veritas (Reinstalled Backup
    Exec as advised)

    Problem occuring:
    IDR Wizard claims that my W2K Server CD is not supported
    Error Message in German : Das Erstellen eines Abbildes dieser CD wird nicht
    unterstützt
    (Translated Error Message in English : Image creation from this cd is not
    supported)

    Can anyone tell me what to do in this situation?

    Amand Knechtle
    Systemengineer
    xerxes AG

  2. Re: Backup Exec 8.5 IDR Option

    Hi all

    Reply from myself:

    I learned, that the region settings have to be EXACTLY the same as they are
    when you first install w2k (e.g. German (Germany)). Unfortunately there is
    no w2k for switzerland and when you toggle the region settings during
    install, idr prep wizard will not be able to recognize your cd as the one
    used for first time installation.

    Hope others can benefit from this experience...

    Regards...

    Ami

    "Ami" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi all
    >
    > I'm using following HW/SW:
    >
    > - Compaq Proliant ML 370 with AIT 35GB / LVD DRReady Tape drive connected
    > onboard
    > - Smart Array 5300 Controller for RAID-Disks
    > - W2K Server German SP2
    > - Backup Exec 8.5 3572 RC 9 German
    > - IDR Option-Patch (Nov. 2000) as suggested by veritas (Reinstalled Backup
    > Exec as advised)
    >
    > Problem occuring:
    > IDR Wizard claims that my W2K Server CD is not supported
    > Error Message in German : Das Erstellen eines Abbildes dieser CD wird

    nicht
    > unterstützt
    > (Translated Error Message in English : Image creation from this cd is not
    > supported)
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what to do in this situation?
    >
    > Amand Knechtle
    > Systemengineer
    > xerxes AG

+ Reply to Thread