Creating a bootable CD - Veritas

This is a discussion on Creating a bootable CD - Veritas ; Hi folks, I'm running Win2000 Server with Backup Exec 8.5 with the Disaster Recovery option installed. I have created the .iso image and I am using Adaptec EZ CD Creator for the burn. When I burn the image file, I ...

  1. Creating a bootable CD

    Hi folks,

    I'm running Win2000 Server with Backup Exec 8.5 with the Disaster Recovery
    option installed. I have created the .iso image and I am using Adaptec EZ CD
    Creator for the burn. When I burn the image file, I get the following files
    and folders...

    I386 (Folder)
    Cdrom_is.5 (File)
    Cdrom_nt.5 (File)

    Thats it, no boot files or anything. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I
    have the Disaster Recovery agent on three different servers (yes, I
    purchased three copies) and they all create the same three files. I'm
    stumped. Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: Creating a bootable CD

    Did you try to boot from this CD?
    All necessary files are writen, so put in the CD and boot.
    I spend a lot of time for creating bootable CD images.....but now it seems
    to work

    Dieter

    "Mike" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I'm running Win2000 Server with Backup Exec 8.5 with the Disaster Recovery
    > option installed. I have created the .iso image and I am using Adaptec EZ

    CD
    > Creator for the burn. When I burn the image file, I get the following

    files
    > and folders...
    >
    > I386 (Folder)
    > Cdrom_is.5 (File)
    > Cdrom_nt.5 (File)
    >
    > Thats it, no boot files or anything. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I
    > have the Disaster Recovery agent on three different servers (yes, I
    > purchased three copies) and they all create the same three files. I'm
    > stumped. Thanks for any help.

  3. Re: Creating a bootable CD

    It ;s no problem, when you don't see bootable files. It still works (if your
    Bios supports bootable cdroms). Try!