who can tell me really disaster recoverable? - Veritas

This is a discussion on who can tell me really disaster recoverable? - Veritas ; hi everyone. I want to get disaster recovery solution; can u tell me the veritas really recover system and all data ? thank in advance onceway...

  1. who can tell me really disaster recoverable?

    hi everyone.
    I want to get disaster recovery solution; can u tell
    me the veritas really recover system and all data ?

    thank in advance

    onceway

  2. Re: who can tell me really disaster recoverable? VERITAS IS CRAP

    Veritas is crap. I cannot create a DOS recovery boot disk on my Windows 95
    system for use with my Seagate Travan tape drive, and Veritas support refuse
    to answer my e-mails.

    Even a post to this newsgroup produced no response.

    --
    Tony Marston

    mailto:tony@marston-home.demon.co.uk
    mailto:TonyMarston@hotmail.com
    http://www.marston-home.demon.co.uk/Tony/

    "onceway" wrote in message news:3ae6e6b6$1@hronntp01....

    > hi everyone.
    > I want to get disaster recovery solution; can u tell
    > me the veritas really recover system and all data ?
    >

    > thank in advance
    >
    > onceway

  3. Re: who can tell me really disaster recoverable?

    I have spent about 15hrs in my test LAN trying to get this product to work
    and so far is sucks. I have a compaq 1600 with a smart array 3200 controller
    and can not get this product to work.
    they will not do any phone support unless you PAY. I would highly recoment
    looking some where else.

    "onceway" wrote:

    >hi everyone.
    >I want to get disaster recovery solution; can u tell
    >me the veritas really recover system and all data ?
    >

    >thank in advance
    >
    >onceway

  4. Re: who can tell me really disaster recoverable? VERITAS IS CRAP

    I have used Veritas Backup Exec for Win98 and DR. I had the SCSI-2 Seagate
    TR4 and TR5 drive and it worked. Did you apply all the patches available on
    Veritas's site? Do you have the latest version of the software for
    Win95/98?

    > > hi everyone.
    > > I want to get disaster recovery solution; can u tell
    > > me the veritas really recover system and all data ?
    > >

    > > thank in advance
    > >
    > > onceway

  5. Re: who can tell me really disaster recoverable? VERITAS IS CRAP

    I have the version of Backup Exec which came with the drive (version 4.2.1).
    I have seen no patches available on either the Seagate or Veritas site.
    There is a newer version BE available on the Veritas site, but:
    a) It is only available through the online store in the USA and Canada, with
    no option for the rest of the world.
    b) Even if it was available I would have to pay extra for it.

    As far as I am concerned shipping out-of-date and non-functioning software
    with the drive is very bad form.

    --

    "Michael A. McKenney" wrote in message
    > I have used Veritas Backup Exec for Win98 and DR. I had the SCSI-2

    Seagate
    > TR4 and TR5 drive and it worked. Did you apply all the patches available

    on
    > Veritas's site? Do you have the latest version of the software for
    > Win95/98?
    >

    > "Tony Marston" wrote in message
    > > Veritas is crap. I cannot create a DOS recovery boot disk on my Windows

    95
    > > system for use with my Seagate Travan tape drive, and Veritas support

    > refuse
    > > to answer my e-mails.
    > >
    > > Even a post to this newsgroup produced no response.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Tony Marston
    > >
    > > mailto:tony@marston-home.demon.co.uk
    > > mailto:TonyMarston@hotmail.com
    > > http://www.marston-home.demon.co.uk/Tony/
    > >

    > > "onceway" wrote in message

    > > > hi everyone.
    > > > I want to get disaster recovery solution; can u tell
    > > > me the veritas really recover system and all data ?
    > > >

    > > > thank in advance
    > > >
    > > > onceway

  6. Re: who can tell me really disaster recoverable?

    hi !

    netware or nt ??

    se u

    naj

    "onceway" skrev i meddelandet

    > hi everyone.
    > I want to get disaster recovery solution; can u tell
    > me the veritas really recover system and all data ?
    >

    > thank in advance
    >
    > onceway

  7. Re: who can tell me really disaster recoverable?

    Don't be afraid when you see all the problems at this newsgroup. Think:
    almost only people with problems are visiting this newsgroup. And look! Only
    a few problems a week! That's almost nothing!

    I did not have much problems. I had a lot of problems with installing
    Arcserve. It has cost me a lot of days and still no solution. Installing and
    configuring Backupexec was done in 30 minutes. It's very simple and there
    are no extra's but the software does what it is made for. Quick backups and
    more important: very fast restores. We're using Backupexec. 8.5 for netware
    multiserver and now we're testing it on several HP Netserver with NT 4.0 and
    Oracle. So far we don't have problems. The only problem a had on my old
    testservers was that I could'nt use my bootable cdrom because the bios did
    not support it. No problem. I made 4 disaster recovery diskette's. It is a
    difference of 5 minutes of your whole restore process.

    Try it!
    Download the trialsoftware. However Veritas does not give trial licenses for
    DR but you can find the serials at hacksites. Of course use these serials
    only to test!
    I say this because I find it's stupid from Veritas you can't try it! When
    you're satisfied like me you will find the price of the DR option very
    reasonable. .

    "onceway" wrote in message news:3ae6e6b6$1@hronntp01....

    > hi everyone.
    > I want to get disaster recovery solution; can u tell
    > me the veritas really recover system and all data ?
    >

    > thank in advance
    >
    > onceway

  8. Re: who can tell me really disaster recoverable?

    hi!

    we have disaster recovery and its works ok !
    (but we have the no.#1 server system.... NETWARE !!! )

    im looking forward to the new be for netware v.9.0, (with pure ip...)
    (the v9.0 beta is just released, )

    :-)

    > hi everyone.
    > I want to get disaster recovery solution; can u tell
    > me the veritas really recover system and all data ?
    >

    > thank in advance
    >
    > onceway

  9. Re: who can tell me really disaster recoverable?

    Hi !

    skrev i meddelandet news:3b0978de$1@hronntp01....
    > Don't be afraid when you see all the problems at this newsgroup. Think:
    > almost only people with problems are visiting this newsgroup. And look!

    Only
    > a few problems a week! That's almost nothing!

    you got a point here :-)
    --------------------------

    > I did not have much problems. I had a lot of problems with installing
    > Arcserve. It has cost me a lot of days and still no solution. Installing

    and
    > configuring Backupexec was done in 30 minutes. It's very simple and there
    > are no extra's but the software does what it is made for. Quick backups

    and
    > more important: very fast restores.

    I agree 100 % :-)
    --------------------------

    >We're using Backupexec. 8.5 for netware
    > multiserver and now we're testing it on several HP Netserver with NT 4.0

    and
    > Oracle. So far we don't have problems.

    No comment..... (nt.......)
    --------------------------

    The only problem a had on my old
    > testservers was that I could'nt use my bootable cdrom because the bios did
    > not support it. No problem. I made 4 disaster recovery diskette's. It is a
    > difference of 5 minutes of your whole restore process.

    No comment..... (nt.......)
    --------------------------

    > Try it!

    I agree 100 % :-)
    --------------------------

    > Download the trialsoftware. However Veritas does not give trial licenses

    for
    > DR but you can find the serials at hacksites. Of course use these serials
    > only to test!
    > I say this because I find it's stupid from Veritas you can't try it! When
    > you're satisfied like me you will find the price of the DR option very
    > reasonable. .

    NoNoNo......... no facke serialz at work............ But i agree about the
    price, its ok.
    --------------------------

    se u

    naj

    > > hi everyone.
    > > I want to get disaster recovery solution; can u tell
    > > me the veritas really recover system and all data ?
    > >

    > > thank in advance
    > >
    > > onceway

  10. Re: who can tell me really disaster recoverable?

    I have bad luck with one oracle server running RAID 0................8 hard
    drives crashed in a 3 month period, but if it would be for IDS, we would be
    in big trouble, IDS works excellent, I'm happy with BE 7.3 and IDS

    "onceway" wrote in message news:3ae6e6b6$1@hronntp01....

    > hi everyone.
    > I want to get disaster recovery solution; can u tell
    > me the veritas really recover system and all data ?
    >

    > thank in advance
    >
    > onceway

+ Reply to Thread