Image creation from this cd is not supported - Veritas

This is a discussion on Image creation from this cd is not supported - Veritas ; Hello Guys, I want to make a bootable IDR CD from a W2K Advanced Server with Veritas BE 8.5. If I must choose the CDROM with the same installation CD and Version like the Server System I get the message ...

  1. Image creation from this cd is not supported

    Hello Guys,
    I want to make a bootable IDR CD from a W2K Advanced Server with Veritas BE
    8.5.
    If I must choose the CDROM with the same installation CD and Version like
    the Server System I get the message
    DrPrepWizard
    Image creation from this CD is not supported.

    Can enyone tell me what wrong ?

  2. Re: Image creation from this cd is not supported

    I think what you are saying is that you are trying to create an image using
    the CD-R option. If so, first make sure you are doing this from the server
    where Backup Exec is installed and pointing to a machine with a CD-R/RW
    installed in it, then when prompted to place a CD in CDROM0, you must put in
    the Windows 2000 Advanced Server CD that you used to install W2K Adv. Svr in
    the CDROM0 to begin the process, not the Backup Exec CD. It should create a
    ..ISO file on your machine with the CD-R/RW. Then burn the .ISO file onto
    the CD.

    I hope this helps.

    Scott

    "Michael Hennig" wrote in message
    > Hello Guys,
    > I want to make a bootable IDR CD from a W2K Advanced Server with Veritas

    BE
    > 8.5.
    > If I must choose the CDROM with the same installation CD and Version like
    > the Server System I get the message
    > DrPrepWizard
    > Image creation from this CD is not supported.
    >
    > Can enyone tell me what wrong ?

  3. Re: Image creation from this cd is not supported

    Hi!

    Ive same problem as described.
    Theres an W2k Server (english) with german region settings and BE 8.5 3572
    english with IDR-Option licensed.
    Im starting the IDR wizzard to creat a bootable CD. After inserting the W2k
    Srv english CD, BE tells me "Image creation from this CD is not supported."
    I tried the CD of full version, Open License and MSDN version. Same
    procedure. After inserting the german MSDN Im able to create the iso
    File.......please remember, theres an english server....
    Burning the iso file with Roxio CD Creator 5 the CD contains
    I386 (Folder)
    Cdrom_is.5 (File)
    Cdrom_nt.5 (File)
    as Mike described in his article from 15.05.

    Whats wrong?

    Thanks in advance.

    Dieter

    "Scott L. Dukart" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I think what you are saying is that you are trying to create an image

    using
    > the CD-R option. If so, first make sure you are doing this from the

    server
    > where Backup Exec is installed and pointing to a machine with a CD-R/RW
    > installed in it, then when prompted to place a CD in CDROM0, you must put

    in
    > the Windows 2000 Advanced Server CD that you used to install W2K Adv. Svr

    in
    > the CDROM0 to begin the process, not the Backup Exec CD. It should create

    > .ISO file on your machine with the CD-R/RW. Then burn the .ISO file onto
    > the CD.
    >
    > I hope this helps.
    >
    > Scott
    >
    > "Michael Hennig" wrote in message
    > > Hello Guys,
    > > I want to make a bootable IDR CD from a W2K Advanced Server with Veritas

    > BE
    > > 8.5.
    > > If I must choose the CDROM with the same installation CD and Version

    like
    > > the Server System I get the message
    > > DrPrepWizard
    > > Image creation from this CD is not supported.
    > >
    > > Can enyone tell me what wrong ?

  4. AW: Image creation from this cd is not supported

    The problem is fixed........BE needs US region settings....CD Image could
    now be created.

    Dieter

    "Dieter Rauscher" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi!
    >
    > Ive same problem as described.
    > Theres an W2k Server (english) with german region settings and BE 8.5

    3572
    > english with IDR-Option licensed.
    > Im starting the IDR wizzard to creat a bootable CD. After inserting the

    W2k
    > Srv english CD, BE tells me "Image creation from this CD is not

    supported."
    > I tried the CD of full version, Open License and MSDN version. Same
    > procedure. After inserting the german MSDN Im able to create the iso
    > File.......please remember, theres an english server....
    > Burning the iso file with Roxio CD Creator 5 the CD contains
    > I386 (Folder)
    > Cdrom_is.5 (File)
    > Cdrom_nt.5 (File)
    > as Mike described in his article from 15.05.
    >
    > Whats wrong?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Dieter
    >
    > "Scott L. Dukart" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > I think what you are saying is that you are trying to create an image

    > using
    > > the CD-R option. If so, first make sure you are doing this from the

    > server
    > > where Backup Exec is installed and pointing to a machine with a CD-R/RW
    > > installed in it, then when prompted to place a CD in CDROM0, you must

    put
    > in
    > > the Windows 2000 Advanced Server CD that you used to install W2K Adv.

    Svr
    > in
    > > the CDROM0 to begin the process, not the Backup Exec CD. It should

    create
    > > .ISO file on your machine with the CD-R/RW. Then burn the .ISO file

    onto
    > > the CD.
    > >
    > > I hope this helps.
    > >
    > > Scott
    > >
    > > "Michael Hennig" wrote in message
    > > > Hello Guys,
    > > > I want to make a bootable IDR CD from a W2K Advanced Server with

    Veritas
    > > BE
    > > > 8.5.
    > > > If I must choose the CDROM with the same installation CD and Version

    > like
    > > > the Server System I get the message
    > > > DrPrepWizard
    > > > Image creation from this CD is not supported.
    > > >
    > > > Can enyone tell me what wrong ?

  5. Re: AW: Image creation from this cd is not supported

    Thx a lot

+ Reply to Thread