Disaster recovery error message - Veritas

This is a discussion on Disaster recovery error message - Veritas ; Can anyone help me telling me why the following error happens? The back-up service used to work properly for a while but now one server has started to show this error, even when the file back-up is apparently done properly. ...

  1. Disaster recovery error message

    Can anyone help me telling me why the following error happens? The back-up
    service used to work properly for a while but now one server has started
    to show this error, even when the file back-up is apparently done properly.

    Thanks

    >>Error loading machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery >>information.

    Error: 1392
    >>The file or directory is corrupt and non-readable.

  2. Re: Disaster recovery error message

    "Jorge Valle" wrote:
    >I am running an older version of Backup Exec (8.0 rev 3315) and having this

    problem I found a veritas technote 244301 and tried it, even though it is
    for a different IDR error. I made sure to verify my IDR paths were correct,
    applied the technote, cut and pasted my two IDR files out to some temporary
    storage area, recreated my IDR Image using the wizard and instructions in
    the administrator's guide. This worked for me, the error stopped with the
    next backup. I believe that this happened to me because of conflicts during
    backup with mcshield.exe and my IDR file(s) becaume corrupt.
    >Can anyone help me telling me why the following error happens? The back-up
    >service used to work properly for a while but now one server has started
    >to show this error, even when the file back-up is apparently done properly.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >>>Error loading machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery >>information.

    > Error: 1392
    >>>The file or directory is corrupt and non-readable.

+ Reply to Thread