IDR & Dell PowerEdge 4400 with Windows NT 4 Server - Veritas

This is a discussion on IDR & Dell PowerEdge 4400 with Windows NT 4 Server - Veritas ; We have a Dell PowerEdge 4400 running Windows NT 4 Server, this is currently a test box. When trying to recover the server using the IDR option with Backup Exec 8.5. We boot the server using a Bootable CD IDR ...

  1. IDR & Dell PowerEdge 4400 with Windows NT 4 Server

    We have a Dell PowerEdge 4400 running Windows NT 4 Server, this is currently
    a test box. When trying to recover the server using the IDR option with
    Backup Exec 8.5.

    We boot the server using a Bootable CD IDR made but when it loads the
    drivers for a mass storage device it loads the Dell PERC 3/DI Raid
    Controller drivers successfully but doesn't find the hard disks.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Dan

  2. Re: IDR & Dell PowerEdge 4400 with Windows NT 4 Server

    I am getting ready to test a new Dell 4400 NT 4 Server use IDR as well. Have
    you had any luck solving the disk issue?

    Bob

    Daniel Wood wrote:

    > We have a Dell PowerEdge 4400 running Windows NT 4 Server, this is currently
    > a test box. When trying to recover the server using the IDR option with
    > Backup Exec 8.5.
    >
    > We boot the server using a Bootable CD IDR made but when it loads the
    > drivers for a mass storage device it loads the Dell PERC 3/DI Raid
    > Controller drivers successfully but doesn't find the hard disks.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Dan

  3. Re: IDR & Dell PowerEdge 4400 with Windows NT 4 Server

    Bob,

    We have also tested Windows 2000 on the Dell Servers and it seems to work
    fine. So it looks like we will be using Windows 2000 with BENT 8.5. I have
    also sent Dell messages, so if Dell contact me with a solution I shall let
    you know.

    Thanks

    Dan

    "Bob Brauch" wrote in message
    > I am getting ready to test a new Dell 4400 NT 4 Server use IDR as well.

    Have
    > you had any luck solving the disk issue?
    >
    > Bob
    >
    > Daniel Wood wrote:
    >
    > > We have a Dell PowerEdge 4400 running Windows NT 4 Server, this is

    currently
    > > a test box. When trying to recover the server using the IDR option with
    > > Backup Exec 8.5.
    > >
    > > We boot the server using a Bootable CD IDR made but when it loads the
    > > drivers for a mass storage device it loads the Dell PERC 3/DI Raid
    > > Controller drivers successfully but doesn't find the hard disks.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Dan

+ Reply to Thread