Bootable CD - Veritas

This is a discussion on Bootable CD - Veritas ; I am using Veritas for Netware 8.5 with a Compaq server(1600), running Netware 5.0 with service pack 6. To make the CD I am using Easy CD Creator 4. I have gone to the server console and created the bootable ...

  1. Bootable CD

    I am using Veritas for Netware 8.5 with a Compaq server(1600), running Netware
    5.0 with service pack 6. To make the CD I am using Easy CD Creator 4.
    I have gone to the server console and created the bootable floppy that has
    to be used in Easy CD Creator 4. This floppy works to re-boot server.
    From the server I have run " Load bedr -b -a", to create the IDR directory
    under "BKUPEXEC". I copied this directory to local machine running Easy
    CD Creator 4.
    I then went into Easy CD Creator 4 and started a new CD creation checking
    the "bootable CD" option. It will create the CD with the bootable disk in
    drive "A".

    I then took this CD to the server and it will boot to "A" only without accessing
    the autoexec.bat file created by Bkupexec.

    WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?!

  2. SV: Bootable CD

    hi !

    1# run the bedr -b -a
    2# copy the iso file to your workstation
    3# import the iso file to cd creator
    4# do "NOT" use any bootable floppy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5# burn the cd
    6# you have don it :-)

    naj

    Charles Robinson skrev i
    diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:3a2bfa93$1@hronntp01. ...

    > I am using Veritas for Netware 8.5 with a Compaq server(1600), running

    Netware
    > 5.0 with service pack 6. To make the CD I am using Easy CD Creator 4.
    > I have gone to the server console and created the bootable floppy that has
    > to be used in Easy CD Creator 4. This floppy works to re-boot server.
    > From the server I have run " Load bedr -b -a", to create the IDR directory
    > under "BKUPEXEC". I copied this directory to local machine running Easy
    > CD Creator 4.
    > I then went into Easy CD Creator 4 and started a new CD creation checking
    > the "bootable CD" option. It will create the CD with the bootable disk in
    > drive "A".
    >
    > I then took this CD to the server and it will boot to "A" only without

    accessing
    > the autoexec.bat file created by Bkupexec.
    >
    > WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?!

  3. Re: Bootable CD

    "Charles Robinson" wrote:

    >I am using Veritas for Netware 8.5 with a Compaq server(1600), running Netware
    >5.0 with service pack 6. To make the CD I am using Easy CD Creator 4.
    >I have gone to the server console and created the bootable floppy that has
    >to be used in Easy CD Creator 4. This floppy works to re-boot server.
    >From the server I have run " Load bedr -b -a", to create the IDR directory
    >under "BKUPEXEC". I copied this directory to local machine running Easy
    >CD Creator 4.
    >I then went into Easy CD Creator 4 and started a new CD creation checking
    >the "bootable CD" option. It will create the CD with the bootable disk

    in
    >drive "A".
    >
    >I then took this CD to the server and it will boot to "A" only without accessing
    >the autoexec.bat file created by Bkupexec.
    >
    >WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?!

    I had the same problem. The mistake is in using the option of creating a
    bootable CD in Easy CD Creater. There is a document on Veritas' web site
    explaining how to do this. Goto http://support.veritas.com/menu_ddProduct_BENWARE.htm,
    and search the knowledgebase for "bootable". It is currently the first document
    that comes up.

+ Reply to Thread