IDR Wizard Failure - Veritas

This is a discussion on IDR Wizard Failure - Veritas ; Hi, We have a problem with the IDR wizard on Bent 7.3 on SBS 4.5. The wizard stops with the message "Error querying "\\ourserver" registry value. The system can not find the file specified". Anyone know a solution to this ...

  1. IDR Wizard Failure

    Hi,
    We have a problem with the IDR wizard on Bent 7.3 on SBS 4.5. The wizard
    stops with the message "Error querying "\\ourserver" registry value. The
    system can not find the file specified". Anyone know a solution to this
    (I've tried the k'base and helpdesk to no end). The system has been fully
    backed up and the admin shares are there.

    Is it possible to create the Disaster Recovery CD manually at all?

    Thanks,
    Andrew

  2. Re: IDR Wizard Failure

    What OS is this on. I'm not sure but the solution COULD be to start the
    remote registry service.

    That worked for me on Win2K Server.

    Hope that helps.

    Ezra

    "Andrew Douglas" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > We have a problem with the IDR wizard on Bent 7.3 on SBS 4.5. The wizard
    > stops with the message "Error querying "\\ourserver" registry value. The
    > system can not find the file specified". Anyone know a solution to this
    > (I've tried the k'base and helpdesk to no end). The system has been fully
    > backed up and the admin shares are there.
    >
    > Is it possible to create the Disaster Recovery CD manually at all?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Andrew

+ Reply to Thread