Software missing - Veritas

This is a discussion on Software missing - Veritas ; After the server completes its restore from tape I am still missing some of the software that was installed. ie Backup Exec. Also, everytime I reboot the server the disaster recovery software tries to run the restore again. Any ideas?...

  1. Software missing

    After the server completes its restore from tape I am still missing some of
    the software that was installed. ie Backup Exec.
    Also, everytime I reboot the server the disaster recovery software tries
    to run the restore again. Any ideas?

  2. Re: Software missing

    John I'm having the same problems with the test Server (Win2K) that you seem
    to be having. I plan on reinstalling and retrying the IDR program.

    I'll let you know my conclusions after doing so.

    And if that doesn't work we have a support contract with Veritas, which I
    will use to find out...

    P.S. If you have found any information about this issue since your post please
    let me know... bill.gardner@noble.net
    "John Ciaccio" wrote:

    >After the server completes its restore from tape I am still missing some

    of
    >the software that was installed. ie Backup Exec.
    >Also, everytime I reboot the server the disaster recovery software tries
    >to run the restore again. Any ideas?

  3. Re: Software missing

    Hi,
    the same Problem for me,

    the IDR is coming up everytime i reboot the test-server under w2k.

    I found the soltion for me to delete a registry key

    HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/Run/BEDRWIZ

    This will prevent Veritas to start IDR after reboot.

    Juergen

    "William Gardner" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > John I'm having the same problems with the test Server (Win2K) that you

    seem
    > to be having. I plan on reinstalling and retrying the IDR program.
    >
    > I'll let you know my conclusions after doing so.
    >
    > And if that doesn't work we have a support contract with Veritas, which I
    > will use to find out...
    >
    > P.S. If you have found any information about this issue since your post

    please
    > let me know... bill.gardner@noble.net
    > "John Ciaccio" wrote:
    > >
    > >After the server completes its restore from tape I am still missing some

    > of
    > >the software that was installed. ie Backup Exec.
    > >Also, everytime I reboot the server the disaster recovery software tries
    > >to run the restore again. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread