Automating IDR ??? - Veritas

This is a discussion on Automating IDR ??? - Veritas ; This is my first post to this newsgroup. My Company is using BENT since 7.2 fortunately never needed to use the IDR feature. I created a CD image and burned it onto a CD. My question to you is... Can ...

  1. Automating IDR ???

    This is my first post to this newsgroup. My Company is using BENT since 7.2
    fortunately never needed to use the IDR feature. I created a CD image and
    burned it onto a CD. My question to you is...

    Can I write a batch file or some other command to have the IDR CD image
    saved into a directory on that server or perhaps another machine.

    Thanks
    Peretz Stern
    Network Administrator

  2. Re: Automating IDR ???

    Peretz,
    Yes you can, but I'm not sure of the value it would add. The IDR components
    only create enough of an environment to allow you to finish the restore from
    Backup Exec. Those components would remain relatively constant, except for NDS,
    which you can back up every night on diskette, just after you back up your hard
    disks.
    Ray

    Peretz Stern wrote:

    > This is my first post to this newsgroup. My Company is using BENT since 7.2
    > fortunately never needed to use the IDR feature. I created a CD image and
    > burned it onto a CD. My question to you is...
    >
    > Can I write a batch file or some other command to have the IDR CD image
    > saved into a directory on that server or perhaps another machine.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Peretz Stern
    > Network Administrator

+ Reply to Thread