creating disaster recovery disks - Veritas

This is a discussion on creating disaster recovery disks - Veritas ; HELP!! I installed DR for Netware and am trying to create DR disks. I ran bedr -b it begins the process, but gets stuck at "Loading our NLM module information...". Then the whole system hoses. No one can log in, ...

  1. creating disaster recovery disks

    HELP!! I installed DR for Netware and am trying to create DR disks. I ran
    bedr -b it begins the process, but gets stuck at "Loading our NLM module
    information...". Then the whole system hoses. No one can log in, etc.
    I tried unloading the bedr nlm, but that doesn't help much. I end up having
    to power the machine off because it will not perform or down nicely.

    Any ideas on how to get these disks created???

    I am running Netware 5.0 with SP5.

    Thank You!!!

    Sandy

  2. Re: creating disaster recovery disks

    "Sandy Nielsen" wrote:

    >HELP!! I installed DR for Netware and am trying to create DR disks. I

    ran
    >bedr -b it begins the process, but gets stuck at "Loading our NLM module
    >information...". Then the whole system hoses. No one can log in, etc.

    >I tried unloading the bedr nlm, but that doesn't help much. I end up having
    >to power the machine off because it will not perform or down nicely.
    >
    >Any ideas on how to get these disks created???
    >
    >I am running Netware 5.0 with SP5.
    >
    >Thank You!!!
    >
    >Sandy

    Sandy, I've got the same problem but had it before SP5. I have an HP LC3
    SMP server with HP RAID controller. E-mail support had me download alltools.exe
    from their website and replace the BEDIAGS.NLM with the one from alltools
    (newer modified version). Something about the RAID controller driver compatibility.
    It didn't work for me but it might for you.

+ Reply to Thread