IDR installs, and is detected, but then "is not there" - Veritas

This is a discussion on IDR installs, and is detected, but then "is not there" - Veritas ; I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled Backup Exec with IDR for NT four times on one brand new server, and one time on a completely different brand new server. I always get these same results. Both machines are running NT Server ...

  1. IDR installs, and is detected, but then "is not there"

    I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled Backup Exec with IDR for NT four
    times on one brand new server, and one time on a completely different brand
    new server. I always get these same results. Both machines are running
    NT Server 4.0, SP6.

    I run the install, put in both serial numbers, and verify the products listed
    are correct. Then, I install the software (verifying, of course, that the
    IDR option is checked), and reboot the server. I run Backup Exec for the
    first time, and run through the wizard.

    After the first wizard is complete, I get another wizard that says "The Intelligent
    Disaster Recovery option is configured. To protect your machines, you must
    prepare bootable recovery media and complete a full backup...blah, blah,
    blah." I choose to "Continue with preparation", and press Next>. This is
    when things go south.

    I get an error message which reads:
    DRPrepWizard
    Backup Exec Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option is not installed on \\ADC_NT1

    If it's not installed, why did it come up with that wizard? Why is the "Create
    DIsaster Recovery Boot Media" option selectable (not grayed out) on the Backup
    Exec Assistant screen?

    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Someone at Veritas suggested installing
    in demo mode, then entering the serial numbers later. I've installed the
    software without IDR, run through the configuration, completed a backup,
    *then* installed IDR. Nothing has worked yet.

    I need this to work! Your tech support refused to help on the phone (even
    though this is an obvious setup problem with the software), and Dell (where
    I got this) has no clue either. This happens on both a Dell and Compaq server,
    using two completely different tape drives.

    HELP!!!

    --Kevin L. McDonald

  2. Re: IDR installs, and is detected, but then "is not there"

    Hi Kevin.
    I don't have the solution, but the exact same problem. Got the Veritas 7.3
    with autoloader option and with IDR from Dell.

    I have even tried to install another IDR (new license number) but got the
    same result as you do.

    I too have reinstalled veritas several time and has even tried with the latest
    version from Veritas. I'll try to contact the danish distributor of veritas
    and see if they can help us.
    Lets keep in touch !
    Regards
    Jan

    "Kevin L. McDonald" wrote:

    >I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled Backup Exec with IDR for NT

    four
    >times on one brand new server, and one time on a completely different brand
    >new server. I always get these same results. Both machines are running
    >NT Server 4.0, SP6.
    >
    >I run the install, put in both serial numbers, and verify the products listed
    >are correct. Then, I install the software (verifying, of course, that the
    >IDR option is checked), and reboot the server. I run Backup Exec for the
    >first time, and run through the wizard.
    >
    >After the first wizard is complete, I get another wizard that says "The

    Intelligent
    >Disaster Recovery option is configured. To protect your machines, you must
    >prepare bootable recovery media and complete a full backup...blah, blah,
    >blah." I choose to "Continue with preparation", and press Next>. This

    is
    >when things go south.
    >
    >I get an error message which reads:
    >DRPrepWizard
    >Backup Exec Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option is not installed on \\ADC_NT1
    >
    >If it's not installed, why did it come up with that wizard? Why is the

    "Create
    >DIsaster Recovery Boot Media" option selectable (not grayed out) on the

    Backup
    >Exec Assistant screen?
    >
    >I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Someone at Veritas suggested

    installing
    >in demo mode, then entering the serial numbers later. I've installed the
    >software without IDR, run through the configuration, completed a backup,
    >*then* installed IDR. Nothing has worked yet.
    >
    >I need this to work! Your tech support refused to help on the phone (even
    >though this is an obvious setup problem with the software), and Dell (where
    >I got this) has no clue either. This happens on both a Dell and Compaq

    server,
    >using two completely different tape drives.
    >
    >HELP!!!
    >
    >--Kevin L. McDonald

+ Reply to Thread