!!!PLEASE HELP!!!! Recovery from total loss.. - Veritas

This is a discussion on !!!PLEASE HELP!!!! Recovery from total loss.. - Veritas ; Big trouble. My NT4's harddisk was formatted and reinstalled. Unfortunately, there're some (very important) data loss during the reinstallation. I installed BackupExec again, hopeing to restore those files from tape. However, it seems if the backup database is gone, I ...

  1. !!!PLEASE HELP!!!! Recovery from total loss..

    Big trouble. My NT4's harddisk was formatted and reinstalled. Unfortunately,
    there're some (very important) data loss during the reinstallation.

    I installed BackupExec again, hopeing to restore those files from tape. However,
    it seems if the backup database is gone, I can't restore from the tapes.
    Shouldn't the meta data be stored on the tape as well?

    What can I do? Please give me some advice. Any will help!!

    Ken
    knf@hongkong.com

  2. Re: !!!PLEASE HELP!!!! Recovery from total loss..

    I think the catalog databases are separate from regular backup tapes and should have
    been backed up with a separate process - however have u investigated the "import"
    functionality to rebuild the database??

    --
    Joe Mannion
    Dept of Public Safety